Tigers, Pilots & Mariners (and Seahawks)



Bengal tiger India
Rite of Passage
Recently, I saw a tiger moving through his or her terrain on some kind of introductory movie feature, and it brought back old memories of the first ever time that I saw a major league baseball game and me being a big fan of the Detroit Tigers team.  It also brought back memories of my family, and how my mother encouraged me to follow baseball, generally, and the Tigers, in particular.  To this day, I still remember dressing up in a Tigers uniform for boys, and looking at the logo on my present Tigers baseball cap, every so often, gives me inspiration. 


I root for both the Seattle Mariners and the Tigers these days.  Neither the Mariners, nor the old Seattle Pilots, had formed yet during those old Tiger days, and it would be another decade before I even saw Seattle for the first time.

Speaking of sports, today is Super Bowl Day, and the Seattle Seahawks have risen to the Championship Game of the National Football League for the second year in a row, playing the New England Patriots.  Go Seahawks!

Post-script:  The Patriots defeated the Seahawks, 28 - 24.

[revised on 2/2/15]

Comments